Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Without really planning to, I took a two month hiatus from my blogging here. The combination of the holidays, knitting like a madwoman, and LIFE just caught up with me. I've also been writing on From Scratch Club, which took the little bit of blog energy I had.

This is a new year, though, and I am all about getting back in the bloggy game. This year I have big plans to get organized...this is a pretty ambitious goal for me, as I am just not. The insanity of the holidays actually helped me to notice how difficult it is for me to keep track of everything, and has made me determined to make changes. I realize that I'm only four days into it, but I think I'm doing pretty darn well so far. My house is cleaner than it has been in months, my calendar is organized, I can see the floor of my car, I made it to the gym today, I'm blogging, and I don't feel lost in the shuffle of my day. Now if I can just keep it up... :)

Since some of my readers are here for a recipe, and others are here in hopes of seeing some pictures of my cuddlebugs, I'll do both tonight. First up, a quick and easy veggie side dish inspired by the incredible green beans my sister brought to Thanksgiving dinner.



Dijon Mustard Green Beans
(excellent served warm OR cold)
1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
equal parts Dijon mustard and olive oil (I used about 1/4 c. of each)
salt to taste

Cook green beans in a large pot of salted water until tender, 5-8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together mustard and oil.
Drain green beans and stir in mustard sauce. Season with salt. Serve.


And, last, some photos of my sweet girls...

Getting ready for Thanksgiving and more child labor with the Bissell...





Lainey's first self-haircut...




Merry Christmas!













And, some beautiful shots by Christina Davis, photographer and friend...


1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics! You crack me up with the Bissell child labor!

    ReplyDelete