Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's for Dinner Wednesday...

Good news in our house--the 80° weather felt like summer and snapped me out of my winter vegetable rut! Tonight's dinner recipe was copied from my friend Rebecca--thanks Bec!! I've made it with brocolli before, but this week was with asparagus.

So, dinner tonight was ziti with asparagus, garlic, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella in pesto sauce.
Just sautee the asparagus in some olive oil until tender, add the chopped garlic and cook a few more minutes. Toss with cooked ziti and a few big spoonfuls of pesto sauce. Mix in 2 small chopped tomatoes and a ball of fresh mozzarella, diced. Make the garlic taste really come out by chopping the cheese in the same spot on your cutting board as you did the garlic. YUM!

My apologies for once again not having a photo. I forgot. :( I will share a moment from our dinner table with you instead. I've been having alot of trouble lately with Lainey spitting food out onto her plate. Ew. And she's on a veggie-refusal kick. If it's not one of her favorites, she wants no part of it. In an attempt to encourage her to eat her dinner tonight, I pointed out to her how hubby was going to eat his vegetables so that he could have some dessert. And what did he do? I kid you not, he took a bite of his dinner, and spit it out onto his plate. If I post no recipes within a week it's because I've gone on a cooking strike. Grrrr.

So, this week, my question is not what you had for dinner. Please share your best, family pleasing veggie meal...guess I have to consider toddler and adult male preferences in cooking now. :)

1 comment:

  1. My grandfather wont eat broccoli OR spinach which causes a small problem. Especially in the lasagna department. Daddy has gotten especially good at hidong the vegetables by chopping them up small and sauteing them all together. If all else fails, I find a blog about picky eaters. :)

    ReplyDelete